Skip to content

Chiropractic Care

Many people don’t really understand how chiropractic works, so we spend some time going through the process with new patients. We tell them what we’re looking for, and why.

Why You’re in Pain

When a bone is misaligned, function diminishes, and it puts pressure on the nerve, eventually causing pain. Chiropractors are trained to find the problem and reintroduce function in the area that’s stuck by removing pressure on the nerve. Our goal is to fix and correct the problem, so it doesn’t come back.

Dr. Jay discusses the issue one-on-one with his patients. For example, if you come in with neck pain, he’s going to check your neck to see if it’s one bone out of alignment or is the whole spine off? Is the curve less than 35 degrees? We need to fix that. That pain you’re feeling? That’s from only 10% of the nerve, the other 90% is controlling an organ, so it might affect your health even more than you think.

More Than Just Technique

Our doctors are skilled in the Palmer Package, which includes various techniques to provide the most comprehensive care. At Lane Avenue Wellness Center, Dr. Jay likes to say we use a little bit of everything, but primarily the Diversified Technique. We also use Thompson Drop Table, flexion distraction, rotational adjustments, plus the Activator® and ArthroStim® tools. Other modalities are often used, such as spinal decompression, shockwave, and laser therapy, based on your body’s needs.

To provide us with the most accurate information, we use motion X-rays in addition to regular static films. That shows us exactly which segment is fixated & stuck, and the one causing the problem. It’s a very specific diagnostic tool not found in many chiropractic offices.

Focusing on Spinal Disc Issues

One focus of our practice is on spinal disc issues, such as bulging or herniated discs and arthritis degeneration. We have helped many people with decompression therapy. Other conditions we help with include:

  • Back & Neck pain
  • Headaches
  • Sciatica
  • Extremity pain
  • Sports injuries
  • And more

Schedule a Visit

Ready to do something about your pain? Contact us today to book your visit.


Chiropractic Care | (614) 486-3950